Victoria is located on Vancouver Island and there are many ways to get here. One of the most common ways is to take the BC Ferry departing from the Tsawwassen ferry terminal, south-west of Vancouver, arriving at the Swartz Bay ferry terminal, north of Victoria. The ferry ride is approximately 1 hour and 40 minutes, and provides a beautiful scenic tour of several Gulf Islands. From the Swartz Bay ferry terminal, Wayside House is about 20-30 minutes by car.
If driving from the United States, the Coho ferry leaves from Port Angeles, WA and arrives in downtown Victoria.
If you plan to fly to Victoria, there are many direct and connecting flights that come into Victoria International Airport. The airport is about 15.5 miles north of the city, with an airport shuttle and taxi service to downtown.
Helpful transportation links:
- B.C. Ferries – www.bcferries.bc.ca (car ferry from Tsawwassen to Swartz Bay)
- Harbour Air – www.harbour-air.com (seaplane harbour to harbour-downtown)
- Pacific Coastal Airlines – http://www.pacific-coastal.com (airport to airport)
- Helijet – www.helijet.com (helicopter downtown to downtown)
- Air Canada/Air Canada Jazz – www.aircanada.com (airport to airport)
- WestJet – www.westjet.com (airport to airport)
- B.C. Ferries connector – bcfconnector.com (bus downtown to downtown)
- The Victoria Clipper – www.victoriaclipper.com (passenger only fast-ferry to harbour-downtown)
- Alaska Airlines/Horizon Air – www.alaskaair.com (airport to airport)
- Delta Airlines – delta.com (airport to airport)
- Kenmore Air – www.kenmoreair.com (seaplane from Lake Union to harbour-downtown)
From San Francisco:
- United Airlines – www.united.com (airport to airport)
From Anacortes, WA:
- Washington State Ferries – http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/ferries/ (car ferry to Sidney)
From Port Angeles, WA:
- Black Ball Ferry Line – www.cohoferry.com (car ferry to harbour-downtown)
From Victoria International Airport:
- YYJ Airport Shuttle – http://www.yyjairportshuttle.com (shuttle bus from airport)